We Care About Your Health.
Do you or someone you care about suffer from chronic wounds or have a wound that just won't heal?
Our comprehensive wound care facility has the state of the art equipment and highly trained staff to heal most non-healing wounds.
- Some of the wounds that we treat:
- Diabetic foot or leg ulcers
- Lower leg wounds from poor circulation
- Chronic soft tissues infections
- Radiation tissue damage
- Complications of skin grafts or flaps
- Other conditions which could lead to amputation if not treated.
Are you a candidate for specialized wound care?
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, ask your physician about a referral to our wound clinic, or contact us directly for an assessment. If you are a candidate for this outpatient program, the wound clinic will immediately work with you and your doctor to deliver the following:
- Advanced therapies
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists
- Education for you and your family to include wound prevention, nutrition, and hygiene to help the healing process at home.
Since problem wounds are rarely the result of a single cause, we treat the whole person, not just the wound. We consider psychological, social, and physical factors as well in order to develop the best treatment plan.
We work closely with your primary care or referring physician to ensure the best possible outcome. We also place a major emphasis on education; teaching you how to care for your injury to enhance the healing process.
Chronic wounds can be a result of diabetes, poor circulation, or other medical conditions. A multi-discipline staff of clinicians administer the latest medical treatment for persistent wounds; as well as educate patients on ways to protect themselves from developing chronic wounds.
Our treatment plans are designed to complement the care your own physician provides, ensuring that your health care team is always working together to provide the treatment that's right for you.
Most treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs, and other private insurance plans and may include:
- Specialized wound dressings
- Off-loading (taking pressure off the wound)
- Sharp debridement (removal of dead tissue)
- Compression therapy
Wound Care Specialists have a proven track record of healing wounds - even those wounds that have not responded to other therapies can see significant improvement at our center.
* Wound Care Specialists are not employees of Pinckneyville Community Hospital. The hospital contracts with Wound Care Specialists to provide this service. Charges for Wound Care Specialists are billed by Pinckneyville Community Hospital.
Call 877-295-2273 to learn how the Wound Care Clinic at Pinckneyville Community Hospital can help you heal.